Welcome to Minnetonka Public Schools Health Services website. This site contains health services information that applies to all schools in Minnetonka. To access important information or health forms click on any of the topics.
The Health Services team collaborates with educational and support services within the school and the community to promote student health for student achievement. Licensed school nurses (LSN) and health paraprofessionals work together to meet the students’ physical, social, and emotional health needs and the health and safety of the entire school community.
The school health offices are staffed all student days by a health services paraprofessional with licensed school nurse support in the building or on-call within the District.
- Provide routine and emergency first-aid care to students and staff with illnesses and injuries.
- Provide care to students with chronic medical conditions as delegated by the LSN.
- Maintain documentation of immunizations and other health issues as part of the student health records.
- Administer medications as delegated by the LSN.
- Assist with monitoring and providing information regarding communicable concerns.
- Are certified in CPR and First Aid.
Licensed School Nurses
- Together with the health paraprofessional, promote and maintain the health and well-being of all students.
- Delegate and supervise first-aid care, medication administration, and health procedures.
- Assess, plan and document for students with health issues.
- Provide and plan the direct services for chronically ill or medically fragile students needing health procedures.
- Plan and provide for vision, hearing and scoliosis screening and referrals.
- Provide health consultation and education to students, staff and families.
- Provide referrals to community resources.
- Coordinate prevention and control of communicable concerns.
- Are registered nurses with a baccalaureate degree and are licensed in public health and school nursing.