Welcome to the Minnetonka Public Schools!
Thank you for your interest in our school district--one of the finest in Minnesota and the nation. We're very proud of the work we do here, and we think our job of educating children is one of the most important jobs in the world.
Our website is designed to provide in-depth information about our programs, curriculum and services. We hope it will give you a sense of our commitment to providing an excellent education for every student we serve. It is also designed to answer the call for accountability. We welcome accountability because, quite frankly, we take great pride in our work, and our students perform exceedingly well. Consider the following:
- Minnetonka School District is focused on world-class, child-centered excellence and student test scores are consistently among the top in the state and nation.
- We attract and retain faculty and staff who are among the best in their field.
- We are focused on personalizing instruction throughout the school district and maintain small elementary class sizes (15-25) to reach that goal.
- We focus on the basics, providing a rigorous college-prep curriculum grounded in reading, writing, math, history and science.
- Learning is enhanced with music, arts, world language, technology and other challenging electives.
- World language opportunities begin in preschool and kindergarten. Families may choose to enroll in elementary Spanish or Chinese language immersion; eighth grade full-year level one options in Chinese, French, German, Spanish; or select our high school options in American Sign Language, Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Spanish.
- We have enriching co-curriculars and competitive athletic programs.
- Our graduates attend a variety of the nation's most prestigious colleges and universities.
- Minnetonka is one of only three school districts in the state (and about 50 school districts in the nation) with a Moody's Aaa Bond Rating -- the highest rating possible--which is the result of outstanding financial management and outstanding community support.
- Parent and community involvement in our schools is unmatched.
- Minnetonka School District has received a Gold rating from Expansion Magazine and the What Parents Want Award from SchoolMatch, a corporate relocation service, each year since the inception of the award.
- We have high expectations for character, community, behavior, respect, responsibility, and service.
Please come in and visit our schools, both virtually and in person. Education is a very personal experience. You can only gain a true understanding of how much we care about every child's education by observing our staff and our students first-hand. Our principals would be happy to schedule a tour for you. Simply click on the schools link contact page. For district-wide information simply e-mail our communications office.
By any measure of educational excellence, Minnetonka School District excels. If you are looking for a community committed to families and children, one that values and supports education, and has a hometown community feel, you've found it in the Minnetonka School District!
Dennis Peterson, Ph.D
E-mail Dr. Peterson