Welcome to Minnetonka Public Schools Early Childhood Family Education where you can explore new experiences, meet other families, and grow and learn together with your child. ECFE serves all families in the Minnetonka School District with children ages birth to kindergarten.
At ECFE we understand the importance of the early years in a child's development. Right from birth, parents shape a child's development and set the stage for future learning and growth. That's why ECFE offers a variety of classes that provide information, encouragement and support for parents and their children. After all, you are your child's first and most important teacher!
The mission of the Early Childhood Family Education program is to strengthen families and support all parents in providing the best possible environment for the healthy growth and development of their children. Our goals are:
- To help families meet the challenge of parenting by providing information, friendship and support;
- To provide opportunities for children to discover and learn during the important early years of life;
- To offer information about child development and parenting techniques;
- To promote positive and realistic attitudes and expectations about raising children;
- To provide information on community resources for families.
ECFE Classes are held at Minnetonka Community Education Center, 4584 Vine Hill Road, Deephaven
Parent/Child classes meet once a week, from September through May, in two 15-week sessions. Fees are assessed on a sliding scale based on family income. The first semester fee is due at the time of registration. Credit Card payments are accepted on-line.
Join Us! We're here to help you and your kids grow!
For more information call 952-401-6812 or visit www.minnetonkacommunityed.org