AP Exam Registration Information
Accessing Your AP Scores
AP can change your life. Minnetonka High School offers more than 20 Advanced Placement, college-level courses, through which you enter a universe of knowledge that might otherwise remain unexplored in high school; through AP Exams, you have the opportunity to earn credit or advanced standing at most of the nation's colleges and universities.
Research is clear. Students who take college-level courses (AP/IB) while still in high school are more likely to complete their college degree.
AP offers something for everyone. The only requirements are a strong curiosity about the subject you plan to study and the willingness to work hard. Here are just a few reasons to sign up:
Gain the Edge in College Preparation
- Get a head start on college-level work
- Improve your writing skills and sharpen your problem-solving techniques
- Develop the study habits necessary for tackling rigorous course work
- 84% of Minnetonka AP exams receive a score of 3 or higher, eligible for college credit
Stand Out in the College Admissions Process
- Demonstrate your maturity and readiness for college
- Show your willingness to push yourself to the limit
- Emphasize your commitment to academic excellence
Broaden Your Intellectual Horizons
- Explore the world from a variety of perspectives, most importantly your own
- Study subjects in greater depth and detail
- Assume the responsibility of reasoning, analyzing and understanding for yourself
How do I enroll?
Once you've decided to take the AP challenge, it's easy to enroll. If you have any questions, talk to your current teachers, an AP teacher, your guidance counselor, or the AP Coordinator Dr. Ann Swanson about the course(s) you want to take. Discuss the course workload and any preparation you may need.
Minnetonka High School offers Advanced Placement (AP) courses in literature, composition, two world languages, social sciences, history, sciences, mathematics, and the arts. Depending on student scores on the AP exam as well as their university's AP credit policy, it's possible that students may earn college credit.