2014 Minnetonka Homecoming Dance
Saturday, September 27, 2014
Minnetonka High School
9 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
$10 per person
ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL - NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN
Tuesday, September 16
Seniors will vote for Royalty through Google Docs this year (more info will follow). Seniors will be able to go online and vote for three king and three queen candidates during their second hour class. They will only be able to vote one time.
Friday, September 19
The court will be announced on the announcements 2nd hour.
Male Rettes: The permission forms can be picked up at the meeting with Mr. Erickson on Friday, Sept. 12, 2014 at 7:20 a.m. in the Forum. Permission forms will also be available on the wall across from the main office. Forms need to be turned in to Susan Williams in the Main Office by 3:00 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 19.
Dress-up Days (get ideas of what to wear in the SG display cabinet)
Tweet a picture of yourself to @MHS_Government on each dress up day to have a chance to win a $5.00 gift card.
|Monday, Sept. 22
||PJ Day (wear your pajamas to school)|
|Tuesday, Sept. 23
|Wednesday, Sept. 24
|Thursday, Sept. 25
||Safety vs. Injury Day|
|Friday, Sept. 26
||Tonka Spirit Day (wear blue and white)|
Monday, Sept. 22
Tackle Cancer Sept. 22-26.
There will be year-long activity passes and one semester two parking pass raffled off. The raffle will take place during lunches in the commons. There will be more activities to raise money for Tackle Cancer which will culminate at the Homecoming game on Friday, Sept. 26, at 7:00 p.m.
Homecoming shirts featuring the slogan "Anchor Down," will be on sale in the student union. There is one displayed in the SG display window now. The price is $10. There will be 200 shirts sent to each middle school for purchase by the middle school students. They will be on sale at the school store Monday, Sept. 22, through Friday, Sept. 26. Bandanas will be on sale for $1.00 as well.
Homecoming Dance tickets will be on sale for $10.00 in the student union. If any student needs financial help with purchasing either a shirt or a dance ticket, send them to see Mary Beth Wiig in the Guidance office.
Wednesday, Sept. 24
Service Project for the Homecoming Court to Feed my Starving Children. They will be excused at 9:00 a.m., through 6th hour.
The Royalty Tea is from 3-4 p.m., in the Cafeteria and all are welcome!
Thursday, Sept. 25
King and Queen are voted for by 9-12 graders during their 2nd hour class on Google Docs (vote only once). The results will be announced at the coronation during pep-fest on Friday.
Friday, Sept. 26:
- Pepfest and Crowning: Starts at 1:55 p.m. in the West Gym. At the pep fest, the king and the queen are crowned and the football team is sent off in preparation for its game.
- Homecoming Parade: 4:00 p.m., on Water St., in downtown Excelsior. The parade will last about 45 minutes. Meet in the Excelsior commons at 3:15 pm.
- If your organization would like to make a float, pick up and return float registration form to Susan Williams in the Main Office by 3 p.m., on Monday, Sept. 22.
- If you want to ride on a float, permission forms are due to your group advisor at the parade. The permission forms are on the wall across from the main office. Every student riding on a float must have a slip!
- Football Game: Minnetonka Skippers vs. Edina Hornets at 7 p.m., at Einer Anderson Stadium.
Saturday, Sept. 27:
- Powder Puff Game: 9 a.m., at Einer Anderson Stadium. Senior Women vs. Junior Women in a game of Flag Football. Women who purchased a shirt will receive them the week of Sept. 22. You must have a mouth guard to play. Permission forms are due to Terri Ellis at the game and are on the wall across from the main office.
- Homecoming Dance: 9-11:30 p.m. at MHS.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com